Monday 27 February 2012

Syringe filter observation

After testing and sowing sterilized seeds via syringe, I have found that a small peice of cotton ball works the best. I tried coffee filter, but found that it was easy to tear, and if folded so it doesn't tear it then is very difficult if not impossible to draw up solution. Once I did get a good peice of filter in the cap that was not torn it worked beautifully. When I tested paper towel, it didn't tear and worked fine with just water, however once seed was added it became clogged. This eventually lead to the paper towel filter tearing and become pretty much useless. The small peice of cotton ball however maintained the same properties drawing up and expelling solution even after seed was added. My conclusion, use cotton balls, they really are pretty inexpensive and are much easier to work with.


1 comment:

  1. Thanks for sharing such a nice blog. We provides Syringe Filter 0.2 Micron at an affordable cost.

    ReplyDelete